With home appreciation up 25-35% in the last 5 years, higher loan amounts are in a greater demand. Traditionally, these larger loans required hefty down payments, and came with steeper interest rates. Security Home Mortgage is here to help.
Introducing Security’s Home Renovation Loans.
- Works with luxury items, (outdoor gourmet kitchen, new swimming pool)
- Finance all repairs/upgrades into your 30 year loan, with low interest rate. (As opposed to high interest rate credit cards, HELOC, etc.)
- Available with as little as 3%* down of the finished value
- Concerns about housing price bubbles pull many homebuyers out of the market
- Mitigating that risk opens that segment of the market
- This product protects a buyers’ hard earned money, against unforeseen market turns.
Just because you can put more money down on your home purchase doesn’t mean you should. Down payments protect the bank, not the home buyer. While it is true that a larger down payment does reduce the amount borrowed, and reduce the monthly payments, often times a lower down payment can yield financial benefits to the borrower.